This lesson focuses on enhancing one’s listening comprehension skills. There are several steps that students can follow and techniques that they can employ to improve their listening comprehension skills. Students will also make the connections between listening comprehension and reading comprehension.
At the end of the lesson, the student will be able to:
- listen actively to oral presentations and discussions;
- demonstrate comprehension of oral presentations by asking and answering questions for clarification;
- apply sub skills responses to listen actively to oral presentations;
- analyze the speaker’s views and reasoning through active listening;
- reflect upon the main arguments and ideas of the speaker.
This lesson€™s content is of high educational quality. It is designed with a model of a conceptualization, definitions, examples, practice exercises and test with different levels of complexity. In addition, it includes rubrics for an objective evaluation.
7 items in example section
29 items in exercise practice
25 items in test