This lesson focuses on finding the central idea of a text. Students will learn how to identify relevant supporting details in a text in order to identify its topic and main idea. Students will also understand the different types of informational texts and their structures, plus learn the difference between an objective and a subjective summary.
During the lesson, the student will be able to:
- determine the main idea of informational text.
- determine how an author’s use of details conveys the central idea in a text.
- summarize the text in an objective manner.
- apply main idea and other reading skills to real-world scenarios.
- analyze text to determine main idea.
This lesson?s content is of high educational quality. It is designed with a model of a conceptualization, definitions, examples, practice exercises and test with different levels of complexity. In addition, it includes rubrics for an objective evaluation.
7 items in example section
34 items in exercise practice
32 items in test