The following lesson pretends to develop persuasive techniques through written and oral communication. Students will work with concepts such as argument, perspective, evidence, research, judgement, among others. The main goal is for them to be able use persuasive strategies to write texts, conduct speeches, create and analyze advertisements, and express opinions.
During the lesson, the student will be able to:
- identify persuasive writing;
- analyze advertisements according to their employment of these techniques;
- create and design a persuasive campaign;
- analyze and express opinion about a topic given;
- conduct a persuasive speech about a controversial topic.
This lesson’s content is of high educational quality. It is designed with a model of a conceptualization, definitions, examples, practice exercises and test with different levels of complexity. In addition, it includes rubrics for an objective evaluation.
12 items in example section
60 items in exercise practice
30 items in test