The lesson will help students to know the importance of figurative languages, analogies, allusions, and learn about connotative and technical meanings. By learning to recognize figurative languages, students will be able to understand the use of words and phrases in a text and also to explain the utilization of the tone or meaning of words and phrases in a particular message. This skill will let students identify the use and definition of technical and connotative meanings and the tone of a text correctly.
During the lesson, the student will be able to:
- identify figurative language in sentences;
- identify analogies and allusions;
- determine how the author's use of words and phrases presents the tone of the text;
- explain the use of figurative language further illustrates/expands the meaning or message of text;
- create a figurative journal in order to understand word meaning.
This lesson’s content is of high educational quality. It is designed with a model of a conceptualization, definitions, examples, practice exercises and test with different levels of complexity. In addition, it includes rubrics for an objective evaluation.
26 items in example section
32 items in exercise practice
45 items in test