In this lesson, the student will analyze persuasive texts, recognize the difference between sources that are credible vs. unreliable, identify strategies used while writing a persuasive letter, and will conduct a research about environmental issues, how they impact Puerto Rico, and give suggestions for improving these environmental issues.
Throughout this lesson, the student will be able to:
- select appropriate sources to obtain information;
- determine important information and facts when researching;
- organize information in a logical manner to share research from all aspects of the topic;
- formulate appropriate queries and questions for a topic;
- paraphrase information from their research to support their ideas or opinions in a piece of writing.
This lesson’s content is of high educational quality. It is designed with a model of a conceptualization, definitions, examples, practice exercises and test with different levels of complexity. In addition, it includes rubrics for an objective evaluation.
26 items in example section
46 items in exercise practice
27 items in test