Unknown words can make reading a little difficult to comprehend. This lesson will help to decipher and clarify these unknown words through a variety of strategies. Multiple meaning words and context clues are some topics that will be discussed in the lesson.
During the lesson, the student will be able:
- interpret the meaning of a word or phrase from context clues;
- use a variety of strategies to determine meaning of unknown words;
- identify multiple meaning words;
- revise and edit a paragraph;
- construct writings with correct grammar and spelling.
This lesson’s content is of high educational quality. It is designed with a model of a conceptualization, definitions, examples, practice exercises and test with different levels of complexity. In addition, it includes rubrics for an objective evaluation.
11 items in example section
32 items in exercise practice
26 items in test