One of the best parts of writing is that you can pick your own words. Words can have several meanings and that is why it is important to learn about denotation and connotation. The correct choice of words can contribute to convey a clear message.
Throughout this lesson the student will:
- define and explore the concept of connotation;
- examine how word choice affects meaning;
- practice and apply the concept of connotation;
- identify words with similar definitions but different connotations;
- distinguish between positive (or neutral) and negative connotations of specific words.
This lesson’s content is of high educational quality. It is designed with a model of a conceptualization, definitions, examples, practice exercises and test with different levels of complexity. In addition, it includes rubrics for an objective evaluation.
2 items in example section
50 items in exercise practice
34 items in test