The student will distinguish between positive and negative connotations. He or she will identify words with similar definitions but different connotations.
Throughout this lesson the students will:
- define and explore the concept of connotation;
- examine how word choice affects meaning;
- apply the concept of connotation;
- identify words with similar definitions but different connotations;
- distinguish between positive (or neutral) and negative connotations of specific words.
This lesson’s content is of high educational quality. It is designed with a model of a conceptualization, definitions, examples, practice exercises and test with different levels of complexity. In addition, it includes rubrics for an objective evaluation.
6 items in example section
56 items in exercise practice
31 items in test