This lesson will emphasize the importance of using reference tools when learning a second language. It will explain, define and give examples of how to get the most advantage of glossaries, thesaurus and dictionaries. Using these reference tools in print and digital, we will determine the meaning of a word, its function as a part of speech
Throughout the lesson, the student will be able to :
- identify different reference tools and their benefits both in print and digital.
- determine the use of different reference materials.
- select the best reference resource, according to the need.
- identify the part of speech and definition of given words.
- create sentences with words with precise meanings depending on the part of speech it presents.
- identify the synonym and antonym of different words using the thesaurus as a reference material.
This lesson’s content is of high educational quality. It is designed with a model of a conceptualization, definitions, examples, practice exercises and test with different levels of complexity. In addition, it includes rubrics for an objective evaluation.
64 items in example section
65 items in exercise practice
49 items in test