This lesson involves figurative language which is found in literature and poetry where the writing appeals to the senses and art is expressed. Students will analyze the elements of poetry, recite poetry and even construct a poem.
During the lesson, the student will be able:
- identify figurative language in a variety of texts;
- analyze the elements of figurative language in poetry;
- construct a poem using figurative language and art expression;
- compare and contrast poetry with a work of art;
- recite poetry using correct tone.
This lesson’s content is of high educational quality. It is designed with a model of a conceptualization, definitions, examples, practice exercises and test with different levels of complexity. In addition, it includes rubrics for an objective evaluation.
22 items in example section
41 items in exercise practice
22 items in test