In this lesson, students will apply phonics and word analysis skills to decode words by means of discovering roots and affixes, using context clues, and working with syllable types and divisions. This will further their spelling, pronunciation, vocabulary and reading skills.
During the lesson, the student will be able to:
- infer word meaning using context clues;
- calculate the number of syllables in a word;
- classify syllables by their type;
- separate words in syllables and use them to write sentences;
- create a word-journal to keep a log of new words.
This lesson’s content is of high educational quality. It is designed with a model of a conceptualization, definitions, examples, practice exercises and test with different levels of complexity. In addition, it includes rubrics for an objective evaluation.
42 items in example section
43 items in exercise practice
30 items in test