In this unit, the student will use common Greek and Latin affixes and other etymologies to help determine word meanings. This skill is important to help students decode the meaning of unfamiliar words and acquire vocabulary.
During the lesson, the student will be able to:
- use affixes and roots correctly
- identify Greek and Latin affixes and roots
- determine the meaning of words
- create new words combining roots
- explain the meaning of words using reference materials
This lesson’s content is of high educational quality. It is designed with a model of a conceptualization, definitions, examples, practice exercises and test with different levels of complexity. In addition, it includes rubrics for an objective evaluation.
7 items in example section
40 items in exercise practice
26 items in test