This lesson will help students acquire the skills needed to contribute to the class, group, and partner discussions, by following rules, asking and answering questions, and adding relevant information. Active participation engages students with the subject matter, pushes them to create concepts, and forces them to show evidence for their claims.
During the lesson, the student will be able to:
- discuss with peers in a thoughtful and appropriate manner;
- recognize and follow rules for discussions and recognize individual roles;
- use reading and researching materials for discussions;
- formulate questions to ask after a speech;
- answer questions or add information;
- create an oral report.
This lesson’s content is of high educational quality. It is designed with a model of a conceptualization, definitions, examples, practice exercises and test with different levels of complexity. In addition, it includes rubrics for an objective evaluation.
22 items in example section
40 items in exercise practice
39 items in test