Students will use critical reading of a variety of relevant texts to describe ideas, events, cultural identity, genre, and literary elements. They will practice asking and answering questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers. And they will be able to recognize fact vs. opinion and fiction vs. nonfiction.
During the lesson, the student will be able to:
- understand and explain ideas from a variety of texts
- answer wh questions correctly based on story content
- recognize facts and opinions
- distinguish between fiction and nonfiction
- identify supporting details.
This lesson’s content is of high educational quality. It is designed with a model of a conceptualization, definitions, examples, practice exercises and test with different levels of complexity. In addition, it includes rubrics for an objective evaluation.
10 items in example section
32 items in exercise practice
32 items in test